1. The protective plastic bag that accompanies 3.5-inch microfloppy diskettes.
Rarely, also used of (paper) disk envelopes. Unlike the write protect tab, the
condom (when left on) not only impedes the practice of SEX but has also been
shown to have a high failure rate as drive mechanisms attempt to access the disk
- and can even fatally frustrate insertion.
2. The protective cladding on a light pipe.
3. "keyboard condom": A flexible, transparent plastic cover for a keyboard,
designed to provide some protection against dust and programming fluid without
4. "elephant condom": the plastic shipping bags used inside cardboard boxes to
protect hardware in transit.
Concurrent Versions System « condela « condition out
condom » Conference On DAta SYstems Languages »
Conferencing over IP » confidence test